- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced into “coins”
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 or 3 stalks of celery hearts, thinly sliced (or more … or omit. Frankly, I included it here because I needed to use it up and I’m perpetually on the mission of getting fiber!)
- 1 red grapefruit & 1 orange (or 2 grapefruits or 2 oranges, or some combination other citrus of your choice), cut into segments or cross-sectionally into “wheels”
Divide all ingredients evenly among 10 containers, and then refrigerate.
Yield: 10 snacks
Each day I pull 2 containers (one for Mr. Batch and one for me) and dress with 1 Tablespoon of a light dressing or vinaigrette, and I usually add a pinch of salt to each container. Then I shake to distribute the flavors.
My favorite bottled dressings are Trader Joe’s Light Champagne, Goddess, and Sesame-Ginger. Sometimes I’m motivated enough to make my own vinaigrettes. Stay tuned to other veggie snacks for vinaigrette & dressing recipes.