- 1 sweet onion, such as a Walla Walla Sweet or a Vidalia — small-diced
- 8-10 Persian cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved (or 8-10 brown Kumato tomatoes, cored & quartered, or other types of tomatoes, cored & chopped)
- leaves from 25 stems parsley, chopped
- (optional and pictured above) 2-3 stalks celery hearts, small-diced, for extra fiber. This is not a typical ingredient in Shirazi Salad, but I needed to use these up.
Distribute ingredients evenly among 10 containers.
- juice of one lemon — approximately 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- several grinds of fresh cracked black pepper
Whisk to combine ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Each morning before work, I re-whisk dressing and add 1-2 teaspoons to container of Shirazi Salad + a small pinch of salt and a grind of fresh cracked black pepper. I shake container, to distribute dressing and seasonings.
Yield: 10 veggie snacks