This is a very versatile and accommodating recipe — adjust to your preferences:
- One 8-oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1 red onion, small-diced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, diced
- 12 kalamata olives, chopped
- One 16-oz. bag frozen spinach, thawed, and squeezed to remove excess water
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (in the photo above, toward the left, you’ll see I added some cheddar cheese ball I needed to use-up)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Several grinds fresh cracked pepper
(could also add mashed marinated artichoke hearts, diced celery for added fiber, cream or milk for a thinner consistency, dried herbs, etc.)
Stir ingredients to combine. Taste, and adjust seasonings. Spread evenly in baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20-30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbling.
This is a great appetizer, especially when thinned with cream or milk before baking, served with crackers or tortilla chips.
I also mound this on top of baked chicken, to enjoy as a condiment to the chicken. I bet this might be nice as a topping for a baked potato.